Peter Katina is a Slovak accordionist focused mainly on contemporary music. Besides his concert activities he is also active as a teacher at Conservatory of Jozef Adamovič in Košice. At the same
Peter Katina is a Slovak accordionist focused mainly on contemporary music. Besides his concert activities he is also active as a teacher at Conservatory of Jozef Adamovič in Košice. At the same time he also works as a music publicist, he is an author of a significant number of articles and reviews published in different music magazines (Hudba, Hudobný život,..). He worked as an external collaborator at the Slovak Radio, where he presented his own programs on classical music and jazz. Peter Katina also presented a three year public serie of popularizing lectures on music entitled Music Zoom: Unconventional talkshow about music.
The popularizing lecture of the MusicZoom series called Nordic, by the Slovakian accordionist and music publicist Peter Katina, will be focused on Norwegian music and its specifics. In the lecture, the author will present composers and performers of classical and avantgarde Norwegian music, jazz and minor genres. The impressive talk will be accompanied by selected musical extracts of outstanding Norwegian musicians and one exclusive live music entry.
The lecture will include a presentation of Petr Katina’s recently published book Hudba inak (Music otherwise).
Peter Katina on ~HEVHETIA records
- HV 0017-2-331 Peter Katina – Flashing (2006)
- HV 0039-2-331 Peter Katina – Dimitri Shostakovich/Preludes and Fugues op.87 (2009)
- HV 0042-2-331 Peter Katina – Jozef Poprocký/Works for accordion (2011)
- HV 0058-2-331 Peter Katina – Solo (Kagel, Gubaidulina, Berio, Hosokawa, Lindberg) (2011)
- HV 0145-2-331 Peter Katina – Secrets (Pärt, Sciarrino, Scelsi, Denisov, Szeghy, Cage) (2017)
- EH 0021-2-331 David Kollar – Film Soundtracks and Ideas (2010)
- ISBN 978-80-973191-1-3 Peter Katina – Hudba inak (2019)
(Wednesday) 16:00 - 17:00